Interim Personal Care & Support
Providing quality services throughout the State of Delaware
We offer personal care assistance and homemaker/companion services provided by Direct Care staff
Personal Care Aide
- Skin care, which is preventative, may include:
- The application of non-medicated or non-prescribed lotions or creams
- Massaging of non-reddened areas
- Application of preventative spray on unbroken skin areas that may be susceptible to development of pressure sores
- Application of band aids to minor skin breaks
- Fingernail care of the hands which includes soaking of nails, pushing back cuticles, and trimming/filing/polishing of nails.
- Mouth care which includes denture care and basic oral hygiene.
- Shaving with the client’s personal electric razor.
- Feeding includes assistance with eating by mouth, using common or adaptive feeding utensils.
- Assisting with transfers and ambulation when the client is able to assist with the transfer.
- Bladder care includes assistance to and from the bathroom; assistance with bedpans, urinals or commodes; and changing of pads or diapers used for the care of incontinence.
- Bowel care includes assistance to and from the bathroom; assistance with bedpans or commodes; and changing of pads or diapers used for the care of incontinence.
- Transportation to appointments, errands, and other necessary assistance where a client cannot transport themselves.
- Assistance with other activities of daily living (ADLs) and personal care, such as: